Saturday, April 11, 2009

Double Pointed

Remember when I had no 7's? I have a gazillion double pointed knitting needles. I have 0's and 1's and 2's mostly because I like to knit socks. I have metal and coated metal and bamboo and birch. They are everywhere, sticking out of everything.

So, when I had to knit some Madrona Fiber Retreat homework on size 7's, I remember bearing sub-zero winter cold temperatures in January, 2008 to walk from one retreat building down (a little hill) about 1/2 block to another retreat building to purchase a set of size 7 Cascade double pointed (bamboo) knitting needles (DPN's). I did all of this begrudgingly because 1) hand surgery had one of my knitting hands in a brace, 2) it was cold, 3) a different brand of DPN's is my preference, not the one available, 4) it was a half block, 5) it was warm inside and I had to go outside.

Yesterday, I was looking in my project stash and came across the end of a skein, AND NEEDLES that I used to make my neighbor's Umbilical Cord baby hat. Size 7' DPN's. This "baby" is 5 years old now.

And, I recently bought some size 7 DPN's to knit Maine Morning Mitts. I bought TWO sets, because I like to knit pairs sequentially and simultaneously.

I got 7's. They're comin' outta my ears.

No comments: