Sunday, October 4, 2009

All in a Toe's Work

CO for some toe-up'ster socks this morning. This is what I did today:

CO 7 sts on each (2) needle using Judy Becker's Magic Cast On (uTube video'd by Cat Bordhi). I learned this cast on only because Cat (met her, so I can call her "Cat") is so funny (in the entertaining way) and uses brain research, teacher-strategy techniques that make it go IN your brain. No problem in casting on.

I did a M1 increase every other row until I had 60 sts (total around). Knit more rows following, thinking that I am a super-star knitter.

When I tried on the sock toe, it seemed quite huge for my foot. And, maybe the toe is too "steep".

DONOTASKIFIDIDAGAUGESWATCH. THIS IS MY GAUGE SWATCH. I will unknit this work-days worth of work. New knowledge as a result of my efforts. Posting photos when I have a product of acceptable size.

Pee Ess: I dyed up some yarn and wool fabric with walnuts from G'pa's yard. Photos when dry!

No comments: