Monday, March 5, 2012

Oleana is Timeless (and Wear-Worthy)

On our trip to Bergen, Norway last Summer, a visit to Oleana left me once again awestruck. I had visited Oleana before (in 2003) and had been a Groupie here in the USA, attending Oleana events as available as well as participating in Oleana retail opportunities. A 2003 Oleana sweater purchase has been my not-cool-enough-for-a-shirt sweater and my too-warm-for-a-coat sweater for YEARS (well, 2003). I also don my Oleana Parent/Teacher Conferences Sweater (aka: The Oleana Christmas Dinner Sweater and The Oleana Thanksgiving Sweater) when seasonally appropriate. This year, one of my Oleana's made it to School Spirit Day! It was Pajama Day and an Oleana looked spirited with my red dogs-in-sweaters flannel pajama pants.

The Oleana not-cool/warm-enough sweater looks like the day it came out of the suitcase returning from Norway. In 2003. It has no pilling. No holes. The buttons are intact. It fits.

When we were working in the Bergen Husfliden course space, I found this hanging on a coatrack:


Just HANGING THERE!

I was thinking of this sweater today as I am wearing my Oleana not-cool/warm-enough sweater and know that the owner of this sweater loves theirs as much as I love mine! I would NEVER leave it on a coatrack in a workspace. Someone like me might love it more than taking pictures! If it comes up missing, NO. I did not.

No comments: