Thursday, March 29, 2012

Wool Stitching

It was a Maggie Bonanomi Day!
I have had this book for a couple of years. "Comfort Zone" by Maggie Bonanomi.

I think I bought it here at Ewe and Eye in Osage, IA. If I did not buy it at Ewe and Eye, I learned of Maggie at Ewe and Eye.




There were gonna-be pillows.







Looking at Maggie's letter forms, I then drew my own on to freezer paper, ironing them on to wool. The wool letter, I then "stuck" on the pillow wool with basting spray (for outside spraying only, used in a well-ventilated area).














From Letter Pillows, I moved on to Maggie's decorated (slippers) toe warmers. Maggie writes like a wool guide, so as a complete novice to stitching and applique, I needed some peeps. It was a play day with trusted (unpictured) stitching friends. They made the scariness of the amazing book disappear.

Now, I am ready for a Maggie-Inspired wool blanket!

No comments: