Sunday, August 24, 2008

Noro

This is such a weird thing . . . 

In February, I went to Madrona Fiber Arts Retreat (and market).  I purchased the yarn at the top of the photo.  I stuck it in my suitcase, toted it home and stashed it in The Knit Room (unpacked) for a treat some day.  

While visiting My Mom last week, I thought I should purchase some yarn "just in case" I run out of knitting at Gold Rush (Oronocco, MN). Riiigghht.  We ran in to Kristen's Knits in Rochester, MN. Kristen's had a LOT of Noro sock yarn colorways . . . green and grey and black; purples with greys.  Too many to choose from, really.  I bought the yarn ball on the bottom.

I started knitting the sock (with the yarn on the bottom of the photo) on Thursday this week and knit more on Friday . . . 

The whole time I was knitting on this sock, I was thinking "this yarn might be the same yarn I bought at Madrona".  Hmm.  Well, the Kuriosity Kitty got me this morning and I dug in the suitcase. WhahLah.  Same yarn.  Same colorway.  Same dye lot.  Same yarn.

I have an abundance of this Noro now.  Maybe 18 socks worth of yarn. It is quite fun to knit; however, long time on one colorway.  That's a lot of blue . . . 

No comments: