Saturday, August 22, 2009

Chrissy Gardiner Class (aka: My Sock Summit 2009)

I went to Textured Colorwork (really a sock class) today with Chrissy Gardiner. She just published this book:

We learned stranding techniques, colorwork and the phrase "whatever works" (as a good reminder that sometimes there is not a "right" way to do a technique). Reinforces that we all come to knitting (or whatever) with our own skill set. We know stuff. About stuff. Now, I know more stuff. We studied Bohus design. Amazing.



I took this learning opportunity to go shopping. I bought Chrissy's book. NOTE: I can call her Chrissy as I have met her in person. I think she'd be okay with that. She's originally from Minnesota, which makes us almost related.

And some nice yarn in mini-hanks that will make their way to The Sock Blanket.





And a VERY nice Project Bag from the Yarnery. It is crafted by their own talented "Sarah". It's kindof a green thing to do. Nice bag, too!














Afterwards, I had a nice lunch with a nice friend. Good day!

No comments: