Sunday, April 20, 2008

Expectations

There is something to be said for not going out of the house for a very long time. I have not been able to do those little errand trips and running errands after work, etc. So now, when I get to go somewhere, anywhere, it is really pretty special. More than regular special. Really special.

When I get to a place, like the grocery store, I just want to hug the people who make my experience swell. Even if they just do regular grocery-store things, like check you out and say "sign here, please", I kinda want to hug 'em.

That's why yesterday, when my trip out with My Husband went less-than-as-expected, I was a bit sad. The grocery store was packed and they moved things and they had those demos and tastings. There were people everywhere. I had to leave because it was so overwhelming. I got my cheese and ran. When I went to my LYS, it was not as much fun as I had imagined. We tried a new restaurant--ayh.

Next time, no expectations. I imagine then that everything will be better than expected. Hm.

Except for The Cheese Guy.

He's always better than expected.

No comments: