Promise Blanket 2009
The Promise Blanket is a charitable project that began last year. You may remember that together we created and auctioned off a blanket made of sock yarn squares. This year the project will have a few changes.
We will still be asking for the help of all of you to knit (or crochet) some squares - this year in worsted or DK weight. Instead of making one large blanket, we hope to make many smaller blankets to donate to KidsCan of Minnesota.
KidsCan of Minnesota is an organization created by families for families who have been touched by childhood cancer. KidsCan recognizes the unique needs of the entire family as they journey through and beyond pediatric cancer. Because of this they put together resource totes for these families. Please feel free to check out their website at www.kidscanmn.org.
How can you help? We would appreciate any of the following:
- A 7 inch square made of machine washable worsted or DK weight yarn.
- Donate any of your left over machine washable worsted or DK weight yarn to The Yarnery. We will be making that stash available to anyone who would like to knit squares for this project.
- Check out the KidsCan website at kidscanmn.org for a list of other items that can be donated for the resource totes and add one or two of those items with your square.
- Mention our project on your website, blog, store, class, etc.
- Drop off or mail your completed square to The Yarnery between August 10 and september 14, 2009.
- Join us at The Yarnery Sunday, September 20, 2009 from 6:30-8:00pm for an "old-fashioned" sewing bee to seam the blanket together.
Thank you for your support and good will.
sokkgirl plans on being part of the "we" this year . . . hope you will, too!